With the hottest month on record almost in the books (finally), earnings season starts winding down with a flurry of calls featuring private equity heavyweights KKR & Co. and Carlyle Group, as well as asset manager Sculptor Capital Management, which may be fielding questions about its recent acquisition by… a REIT? Congress is out until after Labor Day and next week will probably be a quiet week for the SEC, but The Bank of England's monetary policy committee is convening and expected to announce another rate hike.
- On Tuesday, Ares Management, Voya and Blue Owl are expected to report.
- Janus Henderson, Artisan Partners, Carlyle Group and KKR are teed up for Wednesday.
- Thursday's earnings announcements will include Apollo Global, Victory Capital and Sculptor Capital Management.
- Initial jobless claims data will be reported on Thursday, followed by the U.S. unemployment rate and hourly wages report for July.
- This week more public funds will be disclosing their year-end returns for the fiscal year ended June 30. Most so far have shown significant improvements over the prior year, with those with more public equity exposure topping those with higher alternatives allocations.
- The first half of the year saw U.S. corporate pension funding surpluses continue to improve. Reports should be coming in with estimated corporate pension funding ratios as of July 31.
- The Bank of England’s monetary policy committee will meet this week, and still-high inflation in the U.K. means money managers expect to see the central bank revealing its 14th consecutive interest-rate hike on Thursday.