Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan, which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Quantitative Investment Analyst III in our Risk Management and Compliance unit. The successful candidate will have a strong background in analytics and programming skills in R, Python, VBA or similar.
What you’ll do
• Serve as administrator for Performance and Risk Analytics databases
• Manage the daily and monthly functions relating to Performance and Risk Analytics systems
• Manage the model and report development processes
• Respond to complex performance- and risk- related questions and inquiries
• Develop new reporting/dashboards and enhance current reporting/dashboards in Excel, Crystal Reports and R
• Research on investment performance and risk related topics
What you should have
• A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in statistics, finance, mathematics, economics, analytics, data science, management information systems, computer science, or similar field of study
- Related professional experience in respective field may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required college education.
• Minimum of four years of related professional experience, with at least one year of programming experience
- A master's degree in one of the specified fields or an MBA may be substituted for one year of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively define, implement, and prioritize tasks and demonstrate flexibility necessitated by changing priorities
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities; willingness to work until the task is completed successfully
• Skilled in project management with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• Strong results orientation; concern for quality expressed by continually initiating system and process improvements
• Exercise initiative and work independently
• Strong computer literacy (with emphasis on MS Excel, database applications, programming and reporting) and analytical skills (including attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency); ability to look at extensive amounts of data and identify errors
• Exercise professional judgment in decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution
• Strong understanding of calculations required for performance and risk management, analysis, and reporting; interest in and understanding of financial markets and investment strategies
• A CIPM or CFA designation
• Experience in one or more of the following: R programming language, Crystal Reports development, investment performance calculations, risk statistics, or investment performance attribution
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com