Funds & Securities Operations Division
SWIB is seeking two (2) Investment Operations Analysts to perform complex operational and middle office activities. One position is responsible for derivative support, collateral management, securities lending/borrowing support, and data stewardship. The other position is responsible for supporting the front office trading, corporate action processing, cash management and data stewardship.
• Support timely and accurate trade processing and settlement of public markets, multi-asset and derivative products. Work closely with front office, brokers and custodial staff to support
• Serve as operational support to front office and provide direction on complex inquiries
• Perform reconciliation of trading positions, process corporate action activity, and investigate discrepancies
• Perform daily derivative reconciliation, collateral management, and support lifecycle events
• Oversee third party services and serve as an internal data steward
• Support daily and monthly activity of the investment portfolios, including transition activity and cash movements
• Monitor securities lending/borrowing activity and month end reconciliation
• Identify operational process improvements and recommend solutions to stakeholders
• Assist in implementing new investment instruments and strategies, developing related procedures and internal control activities
• Serve as operational support for organizational strategic initiatives
• Monitor and stay abreast on the industry and regulatory changes/events impacting trading and collateralization. Assist legal with execution of agreements and implementation
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, or equivalent experience
• At least 3-5 years of experience in finance, accounting or related industry
• Knowledge of public market and multi-asset language and products
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to
Careers at SWIB Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled..
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
To be a trusted and skilled global investment organization contributing to a strong financial future for the beneficiaries of the funds entrusted to us.
SWIB will be an innovative, agile, integrated organization that optimizes investment returns while managing risk and cost over the long term.
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.