Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for Endowments and Foundations, the Investment Strategist will develop, implement and explicate investment programs for E&F clients.
1. Develop and implement investment programs for E&F clients.
• Responsible for construction and oversight of diversified investment portfolios using a variety of investment strategies and vehicles.
• Participate in manager selection and monitoring.
• Participate in client meetings to explain investment strategy and results.
2. Serve as Portfolio Manager for selected E&F accounts.
• Develop customized investment programs for larger accounts.
3. Participate in business development activities to build Glenmede’s E&F Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) business.
4. Represent Glenmede’s E&F OCIO business at conferences and other events.
5. Work with Glenmede’s Manager Research, Investment Strategy, and Private Equity teams on selected projects.
6. Assist the CIO in managing two multi-manager hedge fund vehicles.
7. Assist the CIO in managing the portfolio of a large private foundation.
8. Other duties as required.
9. Position requires travel, estimated to be 10-20% depending on business need.
1. Advanced degree or CFA Charter required.
2. A minimum of 7 years of relevant investment experience required; longer experience in an E&F setting preferred.
3. Experience in manager selection (preferred but not required).
4. Experience investing in multiple asset classes including alternatives (preferred but not required).
5. Ability to communicate complex investment and market concepts in a clear, concise manner.