SWIB is seeking an experienced Operations Strategy, Planning, & Coordination Director to play a critical liaison role in servicing the investment management group’s strategic needs through effective operational planning and execution oversight. The incumbent will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work collaboratively with the investment management group, operations group, and across the organization to obtain alignment on assigned activities, projects, and strategies.
• Lead a team of analysts responsible for operational strategic and business planning with a proactive focus on the needs of the investment management group
• Work collaboratively with strategic partners on initiatives, projects, and strategies
• Establish investment operations best practices
• With direction from the COO, develop and maintain a strategic operational plan and annual business plan in support of SWIB’s business strategy and in alignment with internal and external partners
• Participate in investment strategy concepts and provide operational readiness and capabilities assessment
• Drive the coordination and oversight of operational execution, including investment strategy onboarding with internal and external partners
• Develop measures to assess effectiveness in achieving operations strategic and business plans
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 10 years of experience working in the investment management industry specializing in operations, risk management, project management, or portfolio management
• At least 5 years of experience managing people and teams
• Experience working with public and private asset classes
• Experience with end-to-end investment management lifecycle processes
• Experience developing, promoting, and implementing program strategies that align with organizational strategies
• Project management experience
• Investment management technology/systems experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
• Competitive base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefits package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
To apply, go to Careers at SWIB. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
With approximately $100 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one-, five- and ten-year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers. For more information about SWIB, please visit:
SWIB is located in Madison, the capital of Wisconsin and a major Midwestern research and technology university city. The Madison area’s strong quality-of-life factors include a vibrant economy; urban, suburban, and rural living options; a wide range of restaurant, nightlife, entertainment, and shopping venues; nationally acclaimed public university and public secondary school systems; Big Ten athletic events; rich cultural, recreational and outdoors offerings; and favorable cost of living. Madison, Wisconsin consistently earns top results in nationwide quality-of-life rankings, articles and surveys.
For more information about Madison, please visit:
SWIB is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer
Pre-employment background check is required.