As the largest transportation provider in North America, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) delivers safe, reliable service to over 1 billion customers each year.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority seeks to recruit a seasoned investment professional to serve as Chief Investment Officer (CIO) for a growing pool of assets in multiple funds currently aggregating approximately $10.5 B with significant annual contributions. The funds are the MTA Defined Benefit Plan, Long Island Rail Road Plan for Additional Pensions, MaBSTOA Pension Plan, OPEB Trust Fund, 401k and 457 Plans, and the First Mutual Transportation Assurance Fund. The CIO is accountable for the leadership, financial administrative oversight of the funds and together with the respective funds’ trustees, the investment performance of the funds.
Duties of this senior level executive position include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the investment strategy for the MTA’s trusts and funds.
• Working with the investment consultants hired by each board to formulate and recommend overall investment policy, asset allocation and external manager selection for the Trustees’ consideration, input and approval.
• Ensuring that the Retirement Division staff manage and monitor the funds’ assets in accordance with these policies and allocations, once created.
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant field; an MBA, MS and/or CFA are strongly desired.
• 7-10 years of relevant investment experience in institutional investing, a track record of success as an investor of significant pools of assets across multiple asset classes, an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practice of asset allocation, portfolio risk management and investment structuring.
• Must be a proactive leader with the skills needed to develop and maintain a successful long term investment philosophy for the MTA’s portfolios, coupled with the ability to anticipate trends and access new opportunities as they arise.
• Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively.
• Experience leading, managing, and inspiring a team of professionals.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the multi-disciplined team who are responsible for the support and administration of these funds.
Please visit: http://web.mta.info/mta/employment
Select Jobs at "MTA Headquarters" and search by Job Title "CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER”
MTA is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/D