TMRS, based in Austin, Texas, is a statewide public retirement system that provides retirement, disability, and death benefits for employees of participating Texas municipalities. Our organization currently has approximately $22 billion in assets that are invested for the long-term benefit of our members.
As a part of the growing Investment team, the Director of Fixed Income will ensure that the fixed income allocation is prudently implemented in accordance with Board-approved policies
This is accomplished by performing the following duties as needed:
• Collaborates with investment officers on asset allocation, portfolio objectives, portfolio strategy and implementation strategies.
• Responsible for the day-to-day relationship with the Fixed Income Managers.
• In conjunction with the Fixed Income Consultant and the Chief Investment Officer, develops the asset class structure and implementation strategies.
• Directs the selection process for Fixed Income managers and funds.
• Directs the document review process and together with the Fixed Income Consultant, Internal and Outside Counsel, participates in contract negotiations.
• Provides qualitative analysis including fundamental and technical research and analysis of Fixed Income investments; analyzes market and economic conditions, and sector trends. Monitors holdings for investment risk and compliance with investment policy.
• Monitors and evaluates national, international, macro/micro economic and business conditions that directly affect assigned portfolios and investments.
• Establishes the due diligence process for Fixed Income investments by identifying risks, and developing and monitoring compliance measures.
• Monitors and analyzes manager(s) strategies and strategy recommendations.
• Provides timely written and oral reports on the portfolio and asset class, and recommendations as directed.
• Directs and supervises the activities of the Investment Analyst assigned to the asset class.
The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field; MBA or CFA preferred. The candidate must also have at least seven years of related experience. This position supervises an investment analyst assigned to the Fixed Income Program.
The examples of duties listed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
TMRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and well-rounded compensation and benefits package.