Blackstone Group held a final close of its largest European real estate fund, the €9.8 billion ($10.7 billion) Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe VI.
A news release Wednesday said the new fund is 26% larger than its predecessor €7.8 billion Blackstone Real Estate Partners Europe V, which closed in 2017.
Blackstone's latest European real estate fund already made its first investment, buying Dream Global REIT's portfolio of office and logistics properties in Western Europe.
Investors in the fund include:
- The $167.2 billion Texas Teacher Retirement System, Austin.
- $33.4 billion Texas County & District Retirement System, Austin.
- $25 billion San Francisco City & County Employees’ Retirement System.
- $21.4 billion Louisiana Teachers’ Retirement System, Baton Rouge.
- $19.5 billion Illinois State Universities Retirement System, Champaign.
- $17.6 billion Arkansas Teacher Retirement System, Little Rock.
- South Dakota Investment Council, Pierre, which oversees the $12.5 billion South Dakota Retirement System.
- $730 million University of Houston System.