Salary: $3,772.22 - $5,833.33 Monthly
Location: Cheyenne, WY
Job Type: Full Time
Department: 072-Wyoming Retirement System
Job Number: 2021-00152
Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for conducting investment research and analysis supporting the investment strategy objectives of assigned investment classes. The Wyoming Retirement System (WRS) portfolio comprises externally managed funds with Investment Staff having discretionary authority overall investments. This position will primarily support the senior staff of the assigned asset class, work on special projects as requested by the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and work with other Investment Analysts. This position must utilize industry-standard software to research potential investments and monitor existing money managers. The Investment Analyst will spend most of their time in one or more of the broad asset class categories: Equity, Fixed Income, Private Markets, and Alternative Investments.
Human Resource Contact: Hilary Wasserburger, [email protected] 307-777-6404
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
• Provide analysis and evaluate current and prospective investment managers.
• Read and evaluate reports from research companies to maintain knowledge of market trends and gain insight into manager strategies.
• Maintain databases associated with assigned Investment classes.
• Reconcile and verify reported performance metrics of assigned asset classes.
• Conduct on-site investment manager visits with WRS Investment Officers and attend pertinent industry conferences.
• Assist Senior Investment Team on annual manager review, monitoring of investment performance, and risk monitoring of the assigned asset class.
• Develop detailed reports and presentations in response to ad hoc project requests required to execute the Investment Department's mission.
• Maintain communications with investment funds and external stakeholders regarding the investment process.
• Works with Investment Officers to conduct due diligence on existing and prospective managers of the system.
• Produce independent quantifiable recommendations supported by this research.
**Resume outlining relevant experience and skill
**Cover letter (1-2 pages) where candidate narrates brief examples of his/her related experience and skills for this position
• Knowledge of the financial markets, investment strategies, fund structures, and the institutional fund universe
• Proficiency in Excel is required
• Strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Finance)
1-3 years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Investment Officer
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must be willing to pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• This position may involve teleworking consistent with WRS policy. This policy is subject to change, but teleworking is likely to occur until June 2021.
• FLSA: Exempt
• This position is At-Will and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the CIO.
• This position is eligible for the Wyoming Retirement Investment Professional Performance Compensation Plan per Wyoming Statute § 9-3-406(a).
072-Wyoming Retirement System
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
State of Wyoming
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, Wyoming, 82002