WEDGE Capital Management has its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina.
AUM as of June 30: $9.6 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- Puts on lighthearted competitions, such as salsa and chili cooking contests, where the firm covers the cost of grocery supplies to encourage participation.
- Buys a block of tickets to a minor league baseball game in the summer for employees and their families. Each ticket is preloaded with money to buy concessions or items from the team store.
- Matches 100% of employees’ contributions in the 401(k) plan up to 7.5%; contributes up to $5,500 to employees’ health savings accounts, which covers all but $500 of an employee’s deductible. Employees are fully vested in both benefits immediately.
- “There is a sense of trust and accountability within our culture, which cultivates great respect between every single employee — no matter position or seniority.”
- “The complete focus on people and constant effort to improve the environment for them to flourish makes this company a very special place.”
- “The company is fairly small and all located in a single office, which puts everyone on a first-name basis with their co-workers. That family mentality translates to a very flexible work environment — people throughout the office maintain different working schedules that fit their personal preferences (although market trading hours limits this flexibility for some), and late-night emails and weekend work are almost unheard of.”