Capital Investment Cos. has its headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina.
AUM as of June 30: Approximately $6.5 billion
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2020
3 cool things:
- Encourages health and wellness with monthly yoga classes, quarterly chair massages and access to fresh fruit in the break room.
- Holds twice-a-year corporate retreats of typically three days to promote team bonding. While retreats were canceled this year because of the pandemic, the team has traveled to Myrtle Beach, S.C., in the past.
- To build morale, provides employees with catered lunches on special occasions or whenever it deems necessary.
- “First and foremost, they appreciate their employees and recognize the work they do. I have received gift cards out of the clear blue for a job well done. They support you as a person and understand you have a personal life and will help with any issues there if necessary. During COVID, we even had Zoom social hours just to connect with colleagues. They also buy lunches, have your car washed, and have in-house chair massages (pre-COVID-19).”
- “No one is micromanaged, so work can be done primarily at own pace as long as it meets the deadline.”
- “Capital is an environment of open communication and cooperation. The leadership values people, our human capital, and enables all employees to make the most of individual skills, experiences and perspectives, which creates synergies between departments that drive better solutions for our clients.”