New York State Teachers' Retirement System, Albany, approved one-year renewals with nine money managers and one investment consultant, confirmed John Cardillo, a spokesman for the $120.5 billion pension fund, in an email.
At its meeting Thursday, NYSTRS board renewed these agreements:
- BlackRock Institutional Trust Co. to manage $7.6 billion in passive international equities.
- AQR Capital Management to run $943 million an active MSCI ACWI Ex-U.S. international equities strategy.
- State Street Global Advisors to manage $7.2 billion in passive international equities.
- Harding Loevner to manage $1.4 billion in active global equities.
- Loomis Sayles & Co. to manage $1.1 billion in active global fixed income.
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management to run $758 million in active global fixed income.
- Marathon Asset Management to run $581 million in an active EAFE international equities strategy.
- Nomura Corporate Research and Asset Management to manage $244 million in an active U.S. high yield fixed-income strategy.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors to run $181 million in an active emerging markets equities strategy.
NYSTRS also renewed its agreement with StepStone Group to serve as the retirement system's private equity and private debt investment consultant. StepStone is in the second year of a five-year contract that requires annual renewals.