Adviser Investments located in Newton, Massachusetts.
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“We support employees in their professional and personal growth with continuing education allowances, paid volunteer time and informative in-house employee seminars covering a wide range of topics—from enhancing public speaking skills to formal etiquette training and even CPR and self-defense training. We recognize the importance of workplace camaraderie and foster those relationships with companywide events.”
- Offers guided hypnotherapy, self-defense, meditation, yoga and acupuncture during office hours to promote physical and mental well-being.
- Provides generous health-care/sick-day coverage for employees and their dependents, plus profit-sharing contributions to employees’ 401(k) plans.
- Hosts complimentary events (including all parking/taxi/ride-sharing fees) such as attending a Boston Red Sox game and a three-course holiday meal extravaganza.
- “Management is always looking for ways to develop and grow, and so there is constant change, in a positive way. They encourage entrepreneurship and are very open to new ideas if they make sense to the firm.”
- “There is a peer group committee that takes in feedback and suggestions and then decides whether the idea is worth implementing. Ideas that passed through were fresh flowers each week, which a random employee gets to bring home at the end of the week. Cold brew coffee was brought in recently as well.”
- “We have a good mix of young, middle-age and older people. The diversity is good and there’s a collegiality among workers in terms of sharing skills, information and accolades for successes.”
Compiled by Rick Baert.