Prinicipal Global Investors located in Des Moines, Iowa.
AUM: $451.7 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“We provide employees with a modern work environment, time to think, benefits, and the flexibility to manage their work and home lives so they can effectively manage their responsibilities. We’re committed to helping employees bring their best selves to work, develop professionally, and provide meaningful support to the communities where we have a presence.”
- Sponsors Club 711 (named for Principal’s 711 High St. headquarters), where employees can read, watch TV, gather for celebrations, or play life-size games of Jenga and chess.
- Provides personal recharge rooms, to give employees a quiet place to retreat from daily stresses, recover from a headache, pray or meditate.
- Allows employees to adjust their schedules as needed for activities outside of work that are important to them through flexible time off and personal time off policies and alternative working options.
- “There is a strong corporatewide value for work-life balance. Sometimes you have to work longer hours, but when you have something major happening in your personal life, the support and flexibility I’ve seen is amazing.”
- “You can live in Des Moines, Iowa (most underrated city in the country) and work for a top-tier global real estate player and enjoy tremendous work-life balance and affordable living.”
- “The culture is clearly one that values and cares for our people, yet we recognize and seek the changes needed to be a successful company for our people and our clients into the future.”
Compiled by Rick Baert