TCW Group located in Los Angeles.
AUM: $211 billion
Years won: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“From a collaborative culture, to numerous events for staff, to a commitment to training, the firm is able to deliver its best to clients largely because of the culture it delivers to employees. TCW also has a strong commitment to the community which helps encourage team building through initiatives such as building a reading room at an underserved school or helping plant community gardens.”
- Provides great benefits, including a “quiet room” with lounge chairs and dim lighting so employees can take a break and rest.
- Sponsors events that bring employees together and welcomes families, such as holiday parties, summer picnic on the Santa Monica Pier, and community service events.
- Sponsors volunteer activities and charitable efforts, such as donation drives and packing events; and offers awards for philanthropic achievements, including a pizza party for the floor with the highest participation.
- “The dining plan makes it a really great place to work. We pay very little for what amounts to a four-star breakfast and lunch catered on premises.”
- “I think TCW strikes a very hard balance of being a big firm but feeling small (in) a very positive way. Every one of us still feels connected and part of the same team. That is an aspect of the culture that hasn’t changed in the many years I have worked here.”
- “Sorry, Disney, you’ve got competition for the happiest place on earth.”
Compiled by Rick Baert