Defined contribution consultants, DC sponsors and investment consultants were among the judges who worked with representatives of Pensions & Investments and the Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association to evaluate entries for the 2019 Excellence & Innovation Awards.
The external judges were:
- Katie Archer, director of benefits, health and welfare plans, The HartHartford Financial Services Group, Hartford, Conn.
- Amy Dennard, manager, retirement benefits-Americas, Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc., Memphis, Tenn.
- Jaime Erickson, vice president-benefit administration and employee experience, total rewards, UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
- Peg Knox, chief operating officer, Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association, San Francisco.
- Marla Kreindler, partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, Chicago.
- Christopher Lyon, principal, Rocaton Investment Advisors, Norwalk, Conn.
- Lew Minsky, president and CEO, Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Mikaylee C. O'Connor, senior consultant and principal, head of defined contribution solutions, RVK Inc., New York.
- Stuart Odell, former assistant treasurer for retirement investments, Intel Corp., Santa Clara, Calif.
- Michelle Ryan, retirement plan finance manager, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, N.M.
- William Ryan, partner, head of DC multiasset solutions, Aon, Chicago.
- Jody Strakosch, principal, Strakosch Retirement Strategies LLC, Minneapolis.
- Anthony Tomich, head of pension investments, The Farmers Insurance Group Inc., Los Angeles.
- Diana K. Winalski, head of 401(k) product management, International Paper Co., Stamford, Conn.
Judges from Pensions & Investments were Amy Resnick, editor; Julie Tatge, executive editor; Robert Steyer, reporter; and Michelle DeMarco, promotion director.