ClearBridge Investments located in New York City.
AUM: $146.5 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
In their own words:
“When we ask employees what makes it a ‘best’ place to work they commonly say it is the culture and the people. This is a culture of trust, respect, teamwork, transparency, caring for the quality of work provided to our clients, work-life balance, and career advancement through promoting from within the organization.”
- Hosts a variety of fun social gatherings such as on-site wine tastings, Oktoberfests, Cinco de Mayo and other holiday celebrations. Promotes a healthy work-life balance through on-site meditation sessions, a fitness reimbursement program (up to $500 a year), and the flexibility to use fitness facilities during lunch and take time off for family and other important events.
- Provides clear direction, conveys company strategy and a shared purpose. Quarterly business reviews and an open-door policy help foster an environment of transparency and open communication. Clear direction of company strategy flows from the top.
- Encourages an inclusive work environment. To help ensure all ideas are heard and everyone feels like part of the same team, CEO Terrence Murphy walks around the office and talks with employees.
- “It is a very democratic and even work environment. I can walk into a top executive’s office and ask about the business or ask how their weekend was and expect a thoughtful response.”
- “Attitude (regarding) work-life balance is truly exceptional and the walk matches the talk. Management are attuned to the small things that really make a difference (pizza Friday!) as well as the bigger stuff.”
- “The sense that everyone is marching in the same direction, with the same goals — which is the ultimate success of the brand.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy