The Institutional Limited Partners Association has published a diversity and inclusion roadmap for both general partners and limited partners in the global private equity industry.
The roadmap consists of best practices for organizations within the industry at their own organizations, as well as throughout the larger private equity industry, according to a news release from ILPA on Monday.
According to the ILPA diversity and inclusion roadmap website, it is "intended to be a clearing house of best practices and resources that reflects the ongoing development and evolution of successful D&I efforts" throughout the private equity industry.
The ILPA road map consists of five categories encompassing 33 suggested best practices:
- The application of diversity and inclusion within investment strategies.
- The attraction and promotion of diverse talent.
- The building and sustainability of inclusive cultures.
- Organizational support for diversity and inclusion.
- The ability to measure and benchmark progress in embracing diversity and inclusion.
For example, within the category of building and sustaining inclusive cultures, best practices include adopting a family leave policy, creating diverse employee resource groups, holding unconscious bias training and establishing flexible work policies.
The road map includes a submission form for industry leaders to submit their own best practices, new initiatives and additional resources.