Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association announced 19 founding members for the DCIIA Retirement Research Center.
"We are excited to take the RRC to the next level in its evolution thanks to the commitment of these founding members," said Lew Minsky, DCIIA's president and CEO, in a news release. "The RRC will play a pivotal role in expanding our ability to foster industry dialogue built on proprietary research, data and analysis. This is a terrific development to share in the midst of celebrating DCIIA's 10th anniversary."
The DCIIA Retirement Research Center was launched in 2018.
The founding members of the DCIIA RRC are AllianceBernstein, Alight Solutions, Ascensus, Aspen Institute Financial Security Program, Bank of America, BlackRock, Capital Group, Cerulli Associates, Empower Retirement, Franklin Templeton, Goldman Sachs Asset Management/Rocaton Investment Advisors, Morningstar, Russell Investments, SPARK Institute, The Plan Sponsor University/The Retirement Advisor University, T. Rowe Price Group, Vanguard Group, Voya Financial and Wells Fargo Asset Management.
DCIIA also said the RRC's research agenda will be built on five key pillars:
- The retirement savings gap: systemic issues, participation and coverage challenges, impact on diverse constituencies, and financial wellness.
- Retirement income: plan design and investment product best practices and insights.
- Defined contribution investment solutions: custom target-date funds; environmental, social, and governance investments, and more.
- Retirement plan decision-making: informing audiences including plan sponsors, advisers, consultants, and plan participants; SECURE Act impact.
- Industry profiling: learning more about challenges and opportunities for registered investment advisers, record keepers, and retirement plans.
"We look forward to collaborating with our members to execute on that agenda as well as sharing practical, actionable insights with the broader industry," said Warren Cormier, executive director of the DCIIA RRC, in the news release.