Vice President – Institutional Sales
Division: Business Development
Wilshire Associates seeks a seasoned sales person to grow Wilshire’s Institutional Solutions practice within the Western region of the United States. While the primary focus will be on OCIO opportunities, the right candidate will also be responsible for uncovering opportunities to sell non-discretionary advisory services as well as other Wilshire products and solutions within his/her assigned territory. The VP-Institutional Sales reports to the Head of Institutional Business Development.
• Develop and execute a sales strategy for assigned territory
• Build and maintain an active pipeline of viable prospects
• Record and report pipeline progress using Salesforce
• Participate in bi-weekly and ad hoc status calls
• Identify and uncover opportunities to sell other Wilshire products and solutions within assigned territory
• Build relationships within Wilshire to ensure collaboration and teamwork across the business development team and throughout the firm
• Proactively share experiences, best practices and suggestions for improvement
• Attend industry conferences, as needed
• Travel within assigned territory as needed to grow relationships and revenue
• Serve as a good steward of the Wilshire brand
Education and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
• Ideally 5 or more years of investment management or financial services sales experience
• A solid understanding of the institutional investment marketplace
• Proven success in solution sales, ideally with experience and success in the OCIO marketplace
• Proven experience managing a sales territory and pipeline
• Demonstrated track record of success in articulating a strong value proposition and a consultative sales model
• Proven ability to identify and pursue new business leads
• Demonstrated success working independently with proven initiative and ability to prioritize work to appropriately maximize sales opportunities.
• Superior organizational skills including consistent use of sales tracking tools (Salesforce).
• Excellent communication skills, including written and oral, and the ability to identify, cultivate and maintain relationships
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to relate to individuals with varying degrees of investment knowledge
• Ability to interact credibly (demonstrating “executive presence”) with all levels of a prospect organization, from executive management to junior investment staff
• A “team player”; shares best practices and builds strong internal relationships throughout the Wilshire organization
• An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation while consistently displaying a passion for excellence
• Unquestioned personal ethics and integrity in all dealings
• Strong results orientation and ability to work independently with sufficient attention to detail and follow-up
• Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to switch gears quickly and successfully and juggle multiple priorities
• A quick thinker, good on one’s feet; able to handle unexpected questions with aplomb
• Competitive compensation
• Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year's)
• Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Rideshare incentives
• CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
Please click here to apply.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference).
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.