Vice President, Alternatives Research
As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire’s alternatives research group advises on more than $20 billion of assets across investment types, strategies and geographies. We have a global perspective on the alternatives market with worldwide research capabilities and a major international client base. Both global and regional mandates are structured to meet client investment objectives. Today there are approximately 45 professionals in alternatives research working in four locations: Santa Monica (Western US), Pittsburgh (Eastern US), Amsterdam (Europe), and Hong Kong (Asia/Pacific).
What you'll do:
Wilshire is seeking to recruit an investment professional to help lead research and due diligence efforts across all private market segments (private equity, private credit, real assets) in North America. Familiarity with marketable alternatives (liquid alternatives, hedge funds) is a plus but not required. The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining deep relationships with private fund managers across the region, as well as creating access to top-tier managers. The individual will act as a key member of both regional and global deal teams, leading due diligence efforts for both fund investments and transactions (co-investments & secondaries). The individual will also monitor existing and new portfolio commitments, including attending Annual Meetings, Advisory Board meetings, quarterly reviews of underlying portfolio companies, monitoring of LPA amendments, etc. The individual will help manage the North American team including the Analyst / Associate pool in staffing, deal execution, and development.
What you have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience in private equity industry
• Excellent analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative); training from a recognized investment bank or management consulting firm is preferred
• Strong business and investment acumen
• Proven execution experience
• Strong institutional relationships in North America
• MBA or CFA preferred
• A self-starter who is independent, hardworking and results oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - the ability to present ideas with precision and conviction.
• A passion for excellence.
• An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation.
• Organized, thorough and detail-oriented.
• A natural team-oriented individual who can provide leadership to the North American team and mentorship to its investment professionals and staff.
• Must be comfortable with travel which can be extensive at times.
• Easygoing and able to work well with different personality types and with colleagues – junior and senior - across functions and global geographies.
• A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
What you get:
• Competitive compensation
• Annual bonus opportunity
• Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year's)
• 401(k) Match
• Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Paid Disability/Maternity/Paternal Leave, Rideshare incentives
• CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
• Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors LLC adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at [email protected] or 310-584-6011.