Structured Product Analyst
“Contributions are valued by depth of analysis and expertise, not rank. SWIB values winning the race for performance, mastering what others consider hard and a lifelong commitment to learning." – Executive Director/CIO David Villa
Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With about $129 billion in total assets under management, SWIB has been recognized by the investment industry for its teamwork and innovation that helps make it a premier asset manager. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 635,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, the 8th largest public pension fund in the U.S. and 25th largest public or private pension fund in the world.
We are a mission driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB has long been recognized as an investment leader because of its success in maintaining the WRS and for the highly-qualified staff overseeing the retirement trust funds. SWIB’s internal team invests a majority of its assets under management. This means SWIB is committed to investing in professionals that will keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities that enable staff to grow and develop. Approximately 61 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
The Alternative Fixed Income Strategies group is a newly formed team within SWIB managing fixed income, currency, and other assets using both quantitative and fundamental insights. Portfolios under management by the team include both long-only and long/short strategies.
We seek a structured product analyst to work with the lead portfolio manager to establish and manage a dedicated structured products portfolio with initial AUM of approximately $2 billion. Top/down and bottom/up experience and skills required as well as structured product management experience in MBS, CMBS, and/or ABS.
• Serve as sector specialist in at least one of MBS, CMBS, and/or ABS. Establish investment views on subsectors, select securities, perform ongoing surveillance of portfolio and holdings
• Collaborate with lead portfolio manager on positioning and sector allocations
• Ensure portfolio characteristics adhere to strategy and portfolio guidelines and achievement of desired results
• Formulate trade/investment ideas
• Successfully negotiate fixed income transactions with an emphasis on best execution
• Consider new technologies to further best execution
• Prepare presentations to review investment strategy, objectives and performance
The ideal candidate:
• Relevant graduate degree or CFA preferred
• Prefer 5+ years fixed income experience as a portfolio manager or analyst
• Broad understanding of fixed income asset classes
• Structured product management experience in MBS, CMBS, and/or ABS
• Familiar with fixed income systems such as Bloomberg, Aladdin, PORT-POINT, Trepp
• Experience with trade life-cycle
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively within a small team and in cross-functional collaborations across investment teams
• Keen attention to detail and maintains a high level of accuracy
• Team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently; manage multiple project-oriented tasks in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to wear multiple hats and help with cash and reconciliation issues as well as integration of new systems, if needed
• Competitive McLagan-base salary
• Meaningful performance-based incentive compensation
• A comprehensive benefit package
• Educational and training opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
We would like to post our Structured Product Analyst position with the following link to apply. https://www.swib.state.wi.us/careers?gni=8a78879e6f7dcd56016f916705363926&gnk=job&gns=Pensions%2B%26%2BInvestments