Senior Operating Officer (Legal and Finance)
57 Stars has an opening for a Senior Operating Officer (Legal and Finance):
57 Stars is an investment manager focused on primary and secondary partnership and co-investment opportunities in select private equity markets, primarily, outside the United States and Western Europe. With approximately $4.0 billion under management, the firm invests in these fast growing markets on behalf of some of the largest institutions in the world.
The Senior Operating Officer will have a broad set of legal and operational responsibilities that range across investment management, fundraising, corporate governance, and compliance. The Senior Operating Officer will report to the General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer.
Support 57 Stars office of the General Counsel (“GC”)
Assist with a wide range of duties associated with the GC’s responsibilities, including:
• Participate in the review and execution of investment opportunities
- Participate in business, legal, and financial due diligence, including non-disclosure agreements with potential investees;
- Support the Environmental, Social, Governance, and Impact Committee and implementation of the firm’s ESG and Impact related policies;
- Track and document various aspects of investment closing processes;
- Analyze investment structures to assess and mitigate tax withholding.
• Participate in 57 Stars’ fund formation and investor onboarding processes
- Draft and negotiate limited partnership agreements and side letters;
- Manage compliance with non-equity capital provider agreements;
- Collect and review AML/KYC responses and other limited partnership documentation.
• Support the firm’s marketing and business development initiatives
- Review from a regulatory and compliance perspective private placement memoranda and other documents to be provided to existing or prospective investors.
Support 57 Stars office of the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”)
Assist with a wide range of duties associated with the CFO’s group including: fund administration, company and fund audits, capital calls and distributions, company accounting, tax filings, performance reporting and other IR related matters.
• Participate and support the firm in a variety of operational and compliance related activities
- Assist with regulatory filings;
- Negotiate agreements with third party service providers, including office leases;
- Manage outside counsel;
- Work with external law firm to process the hiring and ongoing documentation of non-US citizens in the US;
- Research and document options regarding establishment of overseas offices and hiring of overseas employees, and compliance with non-US legal and regulatory requirements.
• Conduct research to keep abreast of compliance, tax, regulatory, and other topics relevant to the firm’s business.
• 5-7 years of experience representing private equity funds and/or companies in M&A transactions;
• J.D. required. Accounting, finance, or MBA degree preferable. Operational experience is helpful;
• Experience in drafting private placement memoranda, limited partnership agreements, and ancillary documents;
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills;
• An inquiring mind, good discipline, and attention to detail;
• Strong project management and execution skills and ability to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy;
• Excellent written communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a time critical, transaction-oriented environment.
• Highest degree of ethics and integrity;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Keen judge of people and character;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer
57 Stars pays a competitive salary, based on experience, along with an annual discretionary bonus based on firm and employee performance. Our benefits package includes company-paid medical, dental and vision, and LTD insurance for employees. 57 Stars offers company-paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick leave.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates may email their resume, cover letter, salary history/requirements to:
57 Stars conducts a thorough background check that includes a review of credit, criminal, and motor vehicle history, and confirmation of education and employment history. As a Registered Investment Adviser, 57 Stars is subject to Rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding certain political contributions by, and other events affecting, its employees, and disclosures in relation to such contributions and events may be required from candidates during the consideration process.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only direct candidates' resumes will be accepted for this position. Recruiters and agencies are requested not to contact the job poster about your services, other services you may offer, or clients or products.
57 Stars encourages and supports a diverse workforce.