Senior Investment Officer - Infrastructure
NYC OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Title: Senior Investment Officer - Infrastructure
Salary: $160,000 - $175,000
Bureau/Division: Bureau of Asset Management
Period: December 17, 2019 – Until Filled
The Bureau of Asset Management (BAM) is responsible for oversight of the investment portfolio of New York City’s five pension systems (Systems). This $208 billion portfolio is managed primarily by external investment managers and is largely invested in publicly traded securities, with growing allocations to private markets including infrastructure. The Senior Investment Officer - Infrastructure will assist in all aspects of the investment activity for the infrastructure investment program for the Systems. Under the supervision of the Head of Infrastructure Investments responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identifying, reviewing, and evaluating prospective co-investment opportunities. Conducting due diligence of co-investment opportunities; developing financial models and summarizing the due diligence findings in investment recommendation memoranda for presentation to the internal Investment Committee and Boards of Trustees;
• Monitoring and managing the portfolio of existing co-investments to ensure compliance with the terms of the closing documents and other contracts. Updating internal databases and analyzing the performance of existing investments;
• Reviewing deal documents and assisting various teams, including the General Counsel’s office and consultants, in negotiating terms and conditions of non-disclosure agreements, new investment agreements and other related contracts;
• Participating in co-investment quarterly update calls. Writing investment update reports, briefing memoranda and meeting summaries;
• Working with the broader infrastructure team on underwriting fund commitments, monitoring the fund portfolio and any other assignments as required.
• Constructing financial models and preparing analyses used in annual implementation and strategic plans;
• Designing criteria and parameters for research analyses on market trends, strategies, industries, sectors, geographies and other topics; ensuring the accuracy of investment reporting;
• Utilizing relationships with general partners to monitor investment developments; designing reports to track Systems’ investment activity; and assisting in developing agendas for investment conferences and other events;
• Performing other related assignments or special projects as may be required. They could include, but are not limited to, evaluating and monitoring fund investments; reviewing and making recommendations with respect to amendment requests, consent notices, other contract changes and corporate governance matters; processing and oversight of capital calls and distributions as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or a closely related field and four (4) or more years of full-time experience in a financial services organization with progressively increasing responsibility for complex financial transactions and considerable exposure to infrastructure investments (equity or debt) or similar experience at a consulting firm or in a closely related area; or,
2. BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and six (6) or more years of full-time progressively responsible experience as described in “1” above.
PREFERRED SKILLS IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive demonstrated experience in a financial services firm with expertise in evaluating and executing direct infrastructure deals (debt or equity);
• Excellent financial, writing, presentation, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• Experience in investment manager sourcing and due diligence; portfolio management, structuring and monitoring; producing monthly, quarterly and annual investment materials; and, constructing and producing clear, cohesive investment recommendation documents;
• Strong fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
TO APPLY, GO TO: Employment Opportunities at www.comptroller.nyc.gov
The selected candidate will be subject to the financial disclosure requirements of the office’s Personal Trading Policy.
Certain residency requirements may apply. We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Note: Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days.
December 17, 2019
The NYC Comptroller’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer