Senior Investment Officer - Fixed Income
The State of Wyoming is seeking a Senior Investment Officer, Fixed Income Specialist who will support the State's $25 Billion investment program. This position will report to the Chief Investment Officer. The Treasurer's Office invests in various asset classes, including equities, fixed income and alternatives. Although investing knowledge and experience are important, a premium will be placed on applicants' historical performance records, particularly in fixed income. The successful applicant will have actively managed a fixed income portfolio of $250M or more with demonstrated results. We offer a dynamic working environment that includes a mix of teleworking and in-office collaboration time, in addition to performance compensation. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Work with the Chief Investment Officer and investment staff overseeing $25 billion internal and external fixed income portfolios.
• Oversee internal short, intermediate and long duration investment grade fixed income portfolios. The ability to generate alpha is very important. A verified track record is required.
• Evaluate fund managers versus peer group and relative index/indices.
• Assist the Chief Investment Officer in preparing for and delivering presentations to various parties.
• Assist in identifying overall and portfolio-specific risk. Develop strategies to monitor and control risk.
• Prepare regular ad hoc performance and risk reports.
• Understanding global macro and micro risks that impact investment-grade securities is imperative.
• Strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and modeling skills are important.
• Experience in programming is a plus.
• Ability to work with unfamiliar concepts, take ownership of work and deliver timely results.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong time management and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Desire to work hard, learn and contribute to the team.
Apply for this position at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm
For more information: