Quantitative Equity Trader-Internal Management
The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), an award-winning public pension fund located in Oak Brook, IL has a newly created opening for a Quantitative Equity Trader-Internal Management. This position reports to the Chief Investment Officer and will:
• Execute trades efficiently on behalf of internal equity portfolio strategies
• Insure portfolios stay within policy and risk guidelines
• Stay up to date with the latest market micro structure research and strategies
• Support portfolio management team in strategy development
• Critique internal strategy research ideas
IMRF is seeking candidates for the Quantitative Equity Trader – Internal Management role who are highly detail oriented, creative, flexible and enjoy working in a team environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong desire to take ownership of tasks, the willingness to contribute in a variety of functional areas and the ability to work well with others while seeking to grow long-term. Given this is a new effort, the responsibilities will be diverse and require periodically working with others in a results oriented environment to formulate and implement trading strategies using various techniques and trading platforms. You will apply your knowledge and experience to implement IMRF’s strategies and monitor their performance.
Under the guidance of the Chief Investment Officer, the Quantitative Equity Trader-Internal Management will:
• Implement IMRF’s equity portfolio strategies in a cost effective manner using the latest trading techniques
• Design and build the platforms necessary to support the strategies utilizing external integrated brokerage and without a separate middle/back office team.
• Monitor portfolio risk characteristics and portfolio performance attribution
• Establish and maintain detailed trading policies and procedures.
• Stay on top of the latest strategies and research in equity market micro-structure
• Work with equity portfolio managers to critique and research new investment strategies
• Utilize trading cost analysis (TCA) tools to demonstrate trading efficiency and proactively improve performance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar technical field. MS/MBA preferred.
• 5 or more years of trading experience preferred supporting quantitative or index oriented investment processes
• CFA designation is preferred though not required.
• Familiarity with various order and trading management platforms
• Experience in portfolio optimization, risk analytics and performance attribution
• Must possess strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability with experience hiring, mentoring and managing other analytical individuals.
OTHER COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Strong financial acumen and outstanding data handling skills.
• Ability to remain process-oriented within a time-sensitive market framework; meets deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to concisely articulate oneself.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic with commitment to quality and accuracy.
• Flexibility to work on multiple high priority requests simultaneously.
• Desire to succeed in a team-oriented environment.
• Capacity to learn quickly and work independently.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated success at independent analytical work.
• Ability to effectively interface with other individuals at all levels in the organization demonstrating integrity and respect.
• Ability to take initiative and solve issues in an independent environment.
• Ability to travel overnight occasionally; holds a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work late, weekends or holidays as needed.
• Generous insurance benefits, including medical and dental
• 35 hour base work week, Monday - Friday
• Death, disability, and pension retirement benefits as a member of IMRF
• Paid vacation, 12 paid holidays and 2 personal days
• Onsite amenities include health club, café and salon
• Business casual attire
• Award-winning organizational approach to performance excellence
Please submit your resume and application by Friday, June 28, 2019. Salary range - $125,000 - $175,000. We invite all interested candidates to submit their resume and cover letter here: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=IMRF&cws=39&rid=337
Visit our website at www.imrf.org for more information about IMRF.