Quantitative Analyst – Private Equity
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) provides a variety of investment and trust services to various Florida governmental entities. A key responsibility is to manage the assets of the Florida Retirement System Pension Plan (FRS), which is one of the largest public pension plans in the United States. The SBA’s primary focus is on investment management as it does not administer pension plan benefits. The SBA is also responsible for administering the FRS Investment Plan (a defined contribution plan), the Lawton Chiles Endowment Fund, the Local Government Surplus Funds Trust Fund (currently known as Florida PRIME), the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund and a variety of smaller funds.
At the SBA, we recognize that it is the talented colleagues behind our investment and trust management services who enable us to prudently balance risk and rewards and adhere to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. We are committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing both to our knowledge pool and to the ethics and integrity that underscore our services.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Quantitative Analyst responsible for assisting with manager due diligence, performance and benchmarking analysis, processing portfolio company data, preparing investment memos and summaries, and additional support with all functions of the asset class investment process. The Quantitative Analyst will also oversee production of quarterly and annual reports on the asset class portfolio.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
• Assisting Senior Portfolio Management in all aspects of the due diligence process on potential investment managers and investment recommendations
• Producing Private Equity Asset Class reporting
• Assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Private Equity asset class
• Performing other duties as assigned
What you should have
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business, or a related field, and one year of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) or other related recognized professional designation
• Strong analytical background
• Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word and database applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of financial concepts and theories and background in their application
• Knowledge of industry standards, policies, and procedures
• Knowledge of basic statistical processes and probability distributions
• Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to analyze reports and data
• Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com by 9/4/2020 at 11:59 PM EST
Hiring Range: $49,500 - $61,900
The State Board of Administration is an Equal Opportunity Employer Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is a condition of employment with the State Board of Administration