Portfolio Manager – Private Equity
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join its Private Equity asset class. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for sourcing new investments, conducting due diligence and monitoring the performance of assigned portfolio. The Portfolio Manager is expected to develop and propose new investment strategies and maintain current market knowledge of private equity markets, under general oversight of the Senior Investment Officer- Private Equity and senior Private Equity staff.
What you’ll do
• Manage Private Equity new investment process
• Oversee assigned Private Equity investments and relationships
• Assist with Private Equity portfolio strategy
• Develop and maintain current market knowledge of Private Equity related matters and continue professional development
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage human resources
• Develop, implement, and monitor strategic plans, or works in collaboration with the senior leader of the department to contribute to the success of the department/unit and the overall organization
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business or a related field and three years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) or other related recognized professional designation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of financial concepts and theories and strong background in their application
• Knowledge of industry standards, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of basic statistical processes and probability distributions
• Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
• Strong analytical background
• Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word and database applications
• Travels frequently to various locations throughout the United States and/or internationally. Involves work outside of normal business hours and working remotely to maintain contact with others and normal office-related duties.
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com by 9/4/2020 at 11:59 PM EST
Hiring Range: $76,000 - $95,000
The State Board of Administration is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is a condition of employment with the State Board of Administration