Portfolio Manager II- Strategic Investments
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager II for the Strategic Investments asset class. This position is responsible for sourcing, conducting due-diligence and monitoring managers and funds for the alternative investment program, as well as contributing to the management of the total asset class portfolio and operations.
What you’ll do
• Manages the investment selection process
• Manages and monitors fund relationships with external managers
• Assists with Strategic Investments portfolio strategy
• Manages staff relationships with internal colleagues for all matters related to Strategic Investments
• Works with asset class information systems
• Develops and maintains professional knowledge of topics relevant to the Strategic Investment asset class
What you should have
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, economics, statistics, accounting, mathematics, business, or a related field and four years of related experience. Or any combination of education and/or experience equal to the minimum requirements.
• Five or more years of related experience
• Master of Business Administration or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, economics, statistics, accounting, mathematics, or a related field
• Enrollment in or completion of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
• Experience in a pension fund, foundation, endowment, family office, fund of fund or sovereign wealth fund
• Experience conducting due diligence and monitoring alternative investment funds such as hedge funds, private debt funds, infrastructure funds, private equity funds, and/or real asset funds and/or direct investment research experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of investments and ability to identify attractive investment opportunities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Skill in technology systems used by the SBA
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to manage internal and external relationships
• Intellectual curiosity of markets and investments
• Travels frequently to various locations throughout the United States and/or internationally. Involves work outside normal business hours and working remotely to maintain contact with others and normal office-related duties
What we offer
The SBA offers a competitive salary, incentive compensation program, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, group life, short term disability, retirement and professional development opportunities.
Hiring Range: $95,500 - $129,000
What to do next
If this sounds like you, apply on-line at: https://jobs.sbafla.com