Portfolio Manager II – Fixed Income
Who we are
The State Board of Administration of Florida (SBA) is the investment organization managing the assets of the Florida Retirement System (FRS) and other funds. With more than $200 billion in total assets under management, the SBA is one of the largest institutional investors in the world. A key responsibility is the management of the FRS Pension Plan, the 5th largest public pension fund in the U.S. Year after year, the SBA is able to accomplish sound, long term investment returns above benchmark, while always keeping our beneficiaries’ interests at the forefront of our actions.
At the SBA we recognize that our talented colleagues drive our sophisticated investment strategies, prudently balance risk and reward, and generate above-benchmark returns while adhering to the highest professional and fiduciary standards. It is vital to maintain the trust of the employees and beneficiaries of the funds we oversee. The SBA is committed to seeking individuals who will enhance our team by contributing to our knowledge pool while adhering to the ethics and integrity that underscore our investment strategies and management.
What we need
The SBA is recruiting a Portfolio Manager II to join the Fixed Income asset class. The Portfolio Manager II works as both a trader and portfolio manager. The position executes trades for the internally managed Active portfolio. This position also is responsible for management and trading of the Intermediate Government/Credit Internal Passive and FRS Cash Enhanced portfolios.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing portfolio management for the Intermediate Government/Credit Internal Passive and FRS Cash Enhanced portfolios.
- Executing trades for the Fixed Income asset class
- Financial Contracts and Regulation
- Conducting special projects and various assignments
- Providing client service
- Performing other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Eight years of related experience. A postsecondary degree may be used as an alternative for years of experience; 2 years for an associate’s degree, 4 years for a bachelor’s degree, 6 years for a master’s degree, 7 years for a professional degree, or 9 years for a doctoral degree.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, statistics, business, communications, political science, computer science, management information systems, public administration, or a related field
- Five or more years of related experience
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential
- Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Bloomberg systems and functions
- Knowledge of Tradeweb and Market Axess Trading Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fixed income securities, financial concepts and theories along with knowledge of Bloomberg
- systems and functions used in the Fixed Income asset class
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of industry standards for policies and procedures
- Knowledge of types of risk (i.e., market, credit, operational, liquidity)
- Extensive Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to make independent decisions in solving problems
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to perform at a high level in a team environment
- Ability to gather data, to compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to conduct research, compile data and present results in an articulate and useful manner
- Travels occasionally to various locations throughout the United States
Hiring Range: $125,200 - $195,000
To apply, visit https://jobs.sbafla.com.