Investment Officer - Infrastructure
NYC OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER
JOB VACANCY NOTICE
Title: Investment Officer - Infrastructure
Salary: $110,000 - $133,900
Bureau/Division: Bureau of Asset Management
Period: April 16, 2020 – Until filled
The Bureau of Asset Management (BAM) is responsible for oversight of the investment portfolio of the City five pension systems (Systems). This $208 billion portfolio is managed primarily by external investment managers and is largely invested in publicly traded securities, with growing allocation to infrastructure. The Investment Officer - Infrastructure will assist in overseeing the investment activity for the infrastructure investment program for the Systems.
Under the supervision of the Head of Infrastructure Investments, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identifying, reviewing, and evaluating prospective investment opportunities; conducting due diligence of investment opportunities; developing framework for analyzing the historical track record of prospective investment opportunities; developing financial models and performing technical analyses; summarizing the due diligence findings in investment recommendation memoranda for internal Investment Committee and Boards of Trustees;
• Reviewing deal documents and assisting the investment team, the General Counsel’s office, and consultants in negotiating terms and conditions of new investment agreements and other related contracts; Assist with manager risk and compliance review and assessment;
• Monitoring and managing the portfolio of existing investments to ensure compliance with the terms of the limited partnership agreement, as well as other contracts and expectations; updating internal databases of existing investments; analyzing the performance of existing investments; constructing financial models and performing technical analyses; preparing presentations and analyses used in annual implementation and strategic plans;
• Designing criteria and parameters for research analyses on market trends, strategies, industries, sectors, geographies and other topics; ensuring the accuracy of investment reporting, including the financial statements, quarterly reports, notices of distributions, capital calls and investment valuations;
• Processing and oversight of capital calls and distributions as required; reviewing and making recommendations with respect to amendment requests, consent notices, other contract changes and corporate governance matters; participating in limited partner advisory committee meetings, annual meetings and quarterly update calls; writing investment update reports, briefing memoranda and meeting summaries;
• Utilizing relationships with general partners to monitor investment developments; designing reports to track Systems’ investment activity; and assisting in developing agendas for investment conferences and other events; and,
• Performing related assignments or special projects as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. A graduate degree from an accredited college or university with major studies in Finance, economics, accounting, or business, or a closely related field and three (3) or more years of full-time experience in a financial services organization, with progressively increasing responsibility for complex financial transactions and considerable exposure to infrastructure investments (equity or debt); or,
2. BS/BA degree from an accredited college in the fields mentioned in “1” above and five (5) or more years of progressively responsible full-time professional experience as described above; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience mentioned in “1” or “2” above.
PREFERRED SKILLS IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive demonstrated experience in a financial services firm with expertise in infrastructure or private equity;
• Experience in investment manager sourcing and due diligence, portfolio management, structuring and monitoring;
• Chartered Financial Analyst Certification is ideal;
• MBA or a graduate degree in Finance;
• Excellent financial, writing, presentation, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
TO APPLY, GO TO: Employment Opportunities at www.comptroller.nyc.gov
The selected candidate will be subject to the financial disclosure requirements of the office’s Personal Trading Policy.
Certain residency requirements may apply. We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Note: Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days.
April 16, 2020
The NYC Comptroller’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer