Work Schedule: M-F; 8-5:00
Updated: May 2021
Characteristics of Class:
The Investment Advisor works with the Investment Committee (IC) of the Board of Trustees to oversee all investments of the endowment fund. The Investment Advisor reports monthly and quarterly to the Investment Committee, providing performance reporting, due diligence on investments, and support on new investment ideas with outside investment consultant. The Investment Advisor also helps develop investment objectives, policies, and target asset allocation based on the College's Investment Policy Statement (IPS). This individual reports to the CFO.
Essential Job Functions:
• Model endowment draw calculation and impact on budgets.
• Provide reporting for debt covenants and ensure compliance.
• Provide updates and reports on capital projects.
• Provide summaries on Investment Reporting.
• Create benchmarking and dashboard on relevant metrics for the finance office.
• Audit advancement reporting to ensure compliance.
• Audit endowment utilization to ensure donor requirements are aligned.
• Develop and conduct financial literacy programs for campus and community constituents.
• Prepare quarterly meeting agendas for Investment Committee (IC) of the Board of Trustees.
• Assist the IC and outside advisor in the design of investment portfolios which reflect College’s IPS.
• Assist the IC and outside advisor in the decisions about where to invest funds and make
changes according to market conditions.
• Conduct or oversee analysis of investment portfolios.
• Identify and reduce risk to company investment portfolios, including policies and procedures.
• Prepares new strategic initiatives and material for IC each year as a part of committee education.
• Works with Committee to run RFP process for Investment Advisor every three to five years.
• Works with CFO on cash management analysis as it relates to endowment and liquidity.
• Understand Centre’s current debt structure and assists CFO in relationship with Financial Advisor.
• Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions:
• Acts as campus liaison to “Chellgren Investment Society.”
• Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CFO.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field required. Experience in an investments capacity is needed as well. Industry certifications may be beneficial.
Knowledge and Skills
This position will regularly write and conduct presentations at board committee meetings. This position handles highly sensitive and/or confidential information. Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, to use and implement technology and management information systems.
Minor lifting, pulling, and pushing.
Apply at www.centre.jobs .