Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With over $165.6 billion in total assets under management, SWIB has been recognized by the investment industry for its teamwork and innovation that helps make it a premier asset manager. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 652,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, which consistently ranks among the 10 largest public pension funds in the U.S.
We are a mission-driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent, and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating respectable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
SWIB is recognized as a premier investment manager because of the highly qualified staff successfully managing the assets of the WRS trust funds. SWIB is committed to investing in talented professionals that will help implement a robust and sophisticated investment strategy to manage over half of the trust fund assets internally and keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. As an innovative organization, SWIB offers professional development opportunities to help staff sharpen and expand their skills. Approximately 61 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
About the Team
The Communications Division works to provide meaningful, relevant, and accurate information in clear and understandable terms targeted to SWIB’s stakeholders, including participants, the public, government entities, and employees. The team seeks to improve trust, respect, and understanding about SWIB with its audiences, protect SWIB’s brand and credibility, provide employees with the support and tools needed to ensure organizational success, and collaborate across the organization to support its achievements and goals.
The Communications Director is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive internal and external communication strategies and goals that align with SWIB’s investment strategies and business objectives. Through partnership and collaboration with other leaders, this position creates content for distribution and publication and supervises staff performing communications activities. They direct stakeholder engagement, media relations, management of the organization’s internal and external web sites, and internal staff communications. The Communications Director takes a leadership role by providing counsel on communications opportunities, internal communication planning and organizational announcements, and management of reputational risks. They work to promote a positive work environment and culture through the use of various communications tools.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in communications, marketing or investor/client relations with an asset management firm, alternative investment fund, pension fund or investment bank.
- Successful track record in senior communication roles with increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Knowledge of investment strategies and instruments, markets and economic issues, including the ability to communicate complex investment issues to general audiences.
- Highly collaborative style; relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence".
- Demonstrated success building relationships with all levels of leadership, including the C-suite, and being a positive influencer.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies; deep knowledge of how to write and produce content for different audiences with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Maturity and leadership with the ability to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative environment and receive feedback on work and adjust accordingly.
- Leads, manages, and nurtures talent of team members.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills. Writing samples will be required.
- Ability to work well with media and the public; experience with digital and social media tools and technology; basic graphic design skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Competitive McLagan-based total cash compensation
- A comprehensive benefit package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
For more information and to apply pleae use this link: https://jobapply.page.link/zN37R