Associate Risk Officer (Private Markets), P-2
Job Opening 168836
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG heads the Office of Investment Management (OIM), which manages a $86+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise of global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York and come from over 30 countries. For more information, please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/.
This position is located in Risk and Compliance Services. The incumbent reports to the Risk Officer (Private Markets).
Within delegated authority, the Associate Risk Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
• Works with the risk officer to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned private markets programs/projects/investment, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of programme/project/investments development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
• Carries out basic research on selected aspects of proposed private markets transactions (which includes private equity, real estate, and co-investment) and invested portfolio, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
• Provides substantive support for continuing review of private markets investment in terms of risk assessment, including the review and analysis of emerging issues and trends, participation in evaluations or research activities and studies.
• Assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the risk officer, by planning facilitating meetings, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the risk officer will use to manage the change.
• Assists with design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions related to risk assessment and monitoring of private markets.
• Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. risk memos, draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
• Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
• Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.
• Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements, etc.) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget, etc.).
• Performs other duties as required.
A first-level university degree in business administration, management, economics or a related field.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in investments/risk management functions is required.
Experience in private markets (private equity, real estate, infrastructure) is desirable.
Additional qualifications such as CAIA is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=168836&Lang=en-US to apply.