Alternatives Investments System Implementation Consultant
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Work with the UNJSPF/OIM's Business Application team to implement the new Alternatives Investment Platform
• Liaise the vendor to provide any information and assistance required for the successful implementation of the system
• Analyse and evaluate requirements while providing functional expertise and guidance throughout the implementation project
• Define the scope of the project in collaboration with business teams and IT project manager
• Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
• Gather and document requirements from key stakeholders
• Work with functional business teams to define end-to-end, future state workflows and associated roles and responsibilities
• Develops detailed functional specifications and user documentation for the new system
• Determine the resources (e.g., time, people) required to complete the project and work with project leaders to ensure the appropriate resources are allocated to the project
• Develop and monitor a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
• Determine objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at completion
• Execute the project according to the project plan
• Set up files for project documentation based on PMO templates and ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
• Set up Project Dashboard and keep up to date
• Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
• Identify risks to project scope, schedule, and budget
• Track risks and issues until they are resolved
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on progress of the project
• Review quality of work completed with project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
• Evaluate outcomes of the project as established during planning phase
• Conduct post-implementation reviews of the project to incorporate lessons learned
An advanced level degree is required, preferably in the area of finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field, or any other such business or technical field. A first-level university degree in combination
with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree An advanced degree or industry certification such as the CPA or CFA is a strong plus.
At least 10 years of experience with financial software implementation is required.
At least 5 years of experience in managing and leading the implementation of Alternatives
Investments systems (i.e) Citco for Real Estate and/or Private Equity is required.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=140767&Lang=en-US to apply.