William Blair Investment Management located in Chicago.
AUM: $56 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Makes sure employees and their families are taken care of with generous benefits like parental leave (up to 20 weeks for birth parents and up to 12 weeks for non-birth parents), a four-week ease-back-to-work period for new parents, safe and reliable caretaking options, educational assistance, comprehensive medical coverage, 401(k) matching and profit-sharing.
- Provides employees with opportunities to give back to their communities with ongoing on-site and off-site volunteer opportunities, paid time off to volunteer and matching gift programs.
- Encourages an inclusive and supportive workplace. Employees participate in three business resource groups — the Veterans’ Alliance, Women’s Alliance, and Pride Alliance — where they network, provide support and collaborate on recruitment, professional development and other firmwide policy initiatives.
- “Employees at William Blair are intellectually curious and driven. This is ingrained in our culture and makes working at the firm enjoyable. I get on the train every morning and I am excited to come in, see my colleagues and work through the day’s challenges.”
- “There are no titles on business cards or email signatures to create an environment that we’re all on the same team and we’re all working toward the same goal. Hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.”
- “William Blair demonstrates a tremendous culture of respect from management. The head of the division personally stops by each person’s desk with a note to wish them a happy birthday. A member of the executive committee surprised me with a gift for my children as they were going to college. The CEO personally called and thanked me for a project that went well. My manager consistently thanks me for projects that go well.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy