Westwood Holdings Group located in Dallas.
AUM: $15.4 billion
Years won: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Celebrates firm and employee accomplishments such as sales wins, goals reached and great strides on strategic firm initiatives during a biweekly morning meeting called “Green Shoots.” Employees outside of Dallas can dial into the meeting.
- Encourages employees to build a better future for their communities. With Habitat for Humanity, Westwood has volunteered 3,500 hours, contributing 32 doors and 400 hard hats. For the Movember Foundation, employees have raised more than $11,500 contributing to the funding of projects.
- Allows employees to leave the office at 2 p.m. on his or her birthday; employees also are able to choose six summer Fridays to leave the office at 3 p.m.
- “Westwood is amazing! We have great benefits, an outstanding 401(k), subsidized parking and gym reimbursement, summer hours, paid parental leave, paid maternity leave, and a great holiday party with a gift drawing.’’
- “Westwood makes an effort to keep work engaging. Yes, we work hard here; we have clients to serve and goals to meet. However, Westwood takes the time to show appreciation to employees with small celebrations for excellent work performance, birthdays and other small wins. Westwood also has several seasonal events that we all look forward to like chili cook-off, movie day, cubicle trick-or-treating and happy hours. This provides great balance.”
- “Westwood employs smart, capable people that teach me and motivate me to get better at my job. My colleagues, both in and outside my department, are hardworking, intelligent, creative, and inspire me to test myself and learn new things.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy