Western Asset Management Co. has its headquarters in Pasadena, California.
AUM as of June 30: $468.5 billion
U.S. employees: 835
Years won: 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“While Western Asset has a client-focused approach to our business, the company fosters an environment that truly allows our employees to thrive. The firm promotes an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity where civil discourse is encouraged and hard work is rewarded, where employees at all levels can have their voices amplified through company initiatives. We all witnessed and experienced an excellent example of the firm delivering on its promises when COVID-19 struck, as management led with authority, common sense and compassion.’’
3 cool things:
- Pays 100% of premiums for medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance for employees and dependents. Contributes $3,000 per year for family coverage and $2,000 per year for individual to an employee’s health savings account.
- Automatically enrolls new hires in 401(k) plan, providing an employer match on the first 5% of an employee’s contribution.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion and social action. Western Asset recently established an LGBT resource group and offered Juneteenth as a floating holiday. The company doubled its match for gifts and encouraged employees to use it to support organizations making positive differences in their communities.
- “The company has gone above and beyond making sure that all employees are safe either working from home or in the office. They have really taken a great effort to keep us safe and informed.”
- “Western hires and retains people that you’d want to have as neighbors. Standards are high and people are passionate. They are engaged without being jerks.”
- “I feel I have the autonomy to do my job within the scope of my role responsibility and not be micromanaged.”