Vulcan Value Partners has its headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama.
AUM as of June 30: $13.5 billion
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“Vulcan believes its culture, community and workplace are essential to its success. Its leaders built a company that is supportive, encouraging and empowering. They provide employees opportunities to learn, develop and grow as leaders. Work-life balance is promoted. Vulcan’s compensation package is second-to-none. Vulcan is intentional in formulating and nurturing its culture. The company understands the importance of its culture and the people who create it.”
3 cool things:
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave, child-care reimbursement, and adoption and infertility financial assistance. During the pandemic, modified child-care policy to include sitters in addition to licensed day-care facilities.
- Matches employee 401(k) contributions up to 6% of base plus bonus with immediate vesting.
- Offers wellness program with health coaches and quarterly wellness competitions. During the pandemic, added virtual fitness classes. Provided gym reimbursement for online fitness classes or membership.
- “Quality work is valued greatly and there is always someone there to say a simple ‘great work!’”
- “There is not a single company meeting — not a single check-in with a superior — where senior staff doesn’t ask, ‘How can we better support you?’”
- “It is more difficult to maintain the company culture when everyone is scattered, but the company has added trivia contests via Zoom, ‘Poker Night,’ ‘Cocktail Tuesday’ via Microsoft Teams and other events to help keep employees communicating.”