THL Credit located in Boston.
AUM: $16.8 billion
Years won: 2019
- Flies the entire staff to an off-site location for an annual team event, with dinner, sightseeing, charitable work and other team-building activities.
- Pays 100% of employees’ monthly memberships to a local gym; covers 100% of deductibles for the medical and dental plans; and realigns employee benefits based on the staff’s feedback, including lowering employees’ medical and dental co-pay expenses in 2019 and covering the entire cost of a recent increase in premiums.
- Hosts a monthly videoconference led by the firm’s leadership to provide transparent communication across all locations; sends a monthly email to solicit the staff’s input and implements changes based on employees’ feedback; and distributes a monthly newsletter to recognize employee milestones, achievements, birthdays, recent promotions and new hires.
- “THL Credit does an excellent job recognizing employees that contribute to its success as well as communicating to the entire group its business updates. The firm also allows for frequent interactions between offices to build and strengthen relationships.”
- “Excellent culture for an asset manager. It’s an environment where people aren’t afraid to make mistakes. Also, there are good office perks such as free gym memberships and daily fruit and vegetables.”
- “The culture is everything, in my opinion. Hard work is rewarded, leadership is dependable and people are generally easy to work with. It creates a safe environment to spend most of your time doing professional work and not having it feel so stuffy.”
Compiled by Rick Baert