Star Mountain Capital has its headquarters in New York City.
AUM as of June 30: $1.3 billion (capital commitments plus committed asset-based leverage)
Years won: 2019, 2020
3 cool things:
- Provides employees with the opportunity and flexibility to participate in charitable endeavors via the Star Mountain Charitable Foundation or other organizations.
- Takes employees’ health and wellness to heart with free healthy snacks and beverages available in the office, such as fresh fruit, yogurt, protein bars, coconut water, La Croix, and Bai drinks. The firm also reimburses up to 50% of employees’ monthly gym expenses.
- Brings employees together for bowling and pingpong parties, and office happy hours.
- “The organization is open to ideas/contributions from all levels of the firm. Employees are able to participate in equity ownership of the firm as well as in carried interest across the various fund offerings.”
- “Strong sense of alignment within a fun culture of motivated professionals.”
- “The team at Star Mountain contributes to a strong culture in which asking questions, learning and progressing in your responsibilities is highly encouraged. As a Star Mountain team member, we are able to work on a number of different projects and get exposure to many aspects of the business, which allows (team members) to learn about new topics and progress in their (careers).”