Star Mountain Capital located in New York City.
AUM: $1 billion as of Sept. 30
Years won: 2019
- Regularly sponsors team-building events for the entire staff, including annual outings for go-kart racing and a bowling event to show appreciation for the firm’s interns.
- Stocks the office with healthy meals, unlimited healthy snacks and soft drinks; provides standing desks to all employees; and pays for 50% of employees’ health-club costs.
- Shares the firm’s profits with all full-time team members in the form of carried interest.
- “There are tremendous opportunities for learning and career growth through the internship program, which is how I started here.”
- “A great place to work. They provide tremendous opportunities for learning and career advancement. … They provide a roomy and open workspace, with everyone having a standing desk.”
- “Everyone has equity in the business and benefits in long-term success. The work is challenging, but the environment and culture makes it fun and exciting every day.”
Compiled by Suzanne Cosgrove