Shelton Capital Management has its headquarters in Denver
AUM as of June 30: $2.8 billion
Years won: 2020
3 cool things:
- To encourage a relaxed atmosphere, the firm permits employees to bring their pets into the office.
- Holds Wine Wednesdays, typically once a month, to bring employees together at the end of the day to catch up with one another and relax. Snacks and other beverages are also served.
- Encourages team camaraderie and a healthy work-life balance with periodic group hikes, golf outings, volunteer work and other get-togethers.
- “They empower their employees to do their jobs properly and well and value them as members of a team. Management is accessible and open to input from anyone who brings concerns to them.”
- “All the individuals in a management position hear their employees and do their best to create an environment where everyone wants to do their best work.”
- “Competing with the larger asset management firms is extremely challenging. … However, this environment has galvanized our team and instilled a real sense of purpose and commitment. Management and the rest of the team enjoy working and supporting each other, and that is very gratifying.”