Schwab Asset Management Solutions has its headquarters in San Francisco.
AUM as of June 30: $2.5 trillion
U.S. employees: 743
Years won: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“SAMS employees are united by the belief that the work they do makes a direct and positive impact on clients. The 'Through Clients’ Eyes' firmwide approach is more than a tag line. It’s a powerful shared belief that brings employees together to work toward a common objective: to dramatically enhance the financial lives of clients. SAMS fosters a fun, engaging and transparent environment that inspires and empowers its people to succeed as a team while providing solutions to help clients achieve their financial goals.’’
3 cool things:
- Offers an employee stock purchase plan, which allows employees to buy Schwab common stock at a 15% discount from the fair-market value on the purchase date.
- Employees can earn a $300 health reward by completing a health screening, online health risk assessment and achieving certain health thresholds. They can earn an additional $250 lifestyle reward by pursuing healthy activities such as fitness classes.
- For work-life balance, particularly during the pandemic, employees are empowered to take time off to relax and reset, whether going on vacation, for a walk or taking advantage of a monthlong sabbatical (possible after five years of service).
- “Charles Schwab has always worked hard to open up the world of investment to the little guy. This makes me feel like I am spending my time doing a good thing for humanity.”
- “There are many options and resources for work-life balance, including paid time to volunteer.”
- “There’s potential to grow your career via numerous networking opportunities and events as well as mentoring programs. Schwab provides great training for new employees and continues to offer top-notch training for additional certifications and knowledge.”