River and Mercantile has its headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts.
AUM as of June 30: $54.5 billion
AUA: $35 billion
U.S. employees: 39
Years won: 2019, 2020
3 cool things:
- Participates in team-focused community service outings, such as a river cleanup project and a volunteer night with West End House, a large youth development agency in the Boston area. At the onset of the pandemic, the firm participated in a remote fundraiser in which participants walked a number of miles and collected pledges.
- Puts together a variety of fun team activities such as a gingerbread house contest around the holidays, a virtual escape room and online party games.
- Even before COVID-19, the firm has permitted employees to move to various locations and work remotely.
- “R&M offers a unique experience of working closely with director-level personnel regardless of your amount of time with the firm. This makes for accelerated learning and a faster path toward consulting.”
- “The company is really good at giving credit when someone does something well. They also reward great wins with free lunch for everyone, and other initiatives.”
- “There is a lot of variety in the work I get to do and I have the freedom to experiment with how things are done, which is very fulfilling.”