Principal Global Investors has its headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa.
AUM as of June 30: $486.5 billion
Years won: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“Despite a global pandemic, Principal Global Investors seamlessly pivoted from a mostly office-work environment to an all remote-work environment in less than a week. Clients continued to be served, investments continued to be managed, assets flowed as they were supposed to between accounts, and the business continued to function as if nothing had happened. Senior leaders began communicating more than ever, employees listened and provided their own feedback, and the organization positively evolved into the new normal without missing a beat.”
3 cool things:
- Employee recognition awards include spot awards — project-based awards for employees who have done exemplary work in addition to their normal responsibilities, from $50 to $4,000.
- Provides flexibility in the workplace, allowing employees to adjust schedules as needed for things that are important to them outside of work. Unlimited PTO after one year of employment.
- Provides on-site massage, yoga, fitness classes and team sports.
- “This organization, being global, provides a level of diversity that you do not traditionally find in the Midwest. Second to that, the amazing level of communication through the current pandemic, the transparency and actions taken to keep employees safe is of high value to me and my family.”
- “Principal really cares about their employees and makes an effort to have a good work/life balance. Very family-friendly and flexible for work parents. I think the benefits are good, especially the 401(k) match and ESOP.”
- “The people are good at their jobs and easy to work with. During this weird 2020, the company has taken communication up a notch and shown flexibility and grace to adapting in a remote environment.”