PPM America located in Chicago.
AUM: $125.1 billion
Years won: 2018, 2019
- Fully reimburses tuition and expenses for job-related education, including books and study programs for graduate degrees and professional certifications such as the CFA designation; and works with employees to provide annual budgets for professional development programs and conference attendance.
- Coordinates volunteer activities with local non-profit organizations, including the “Summer of Service” in which 175 employees worked on 10 projects to revitalize an underserved local community and “Freezing for a Reason” in which employees took a “polar plunge” to raise funds for the Special Olympics of Chicago.
- Supports the Board Corps program to help employees develop the skills and opportunities necessary for non-profit board leadership.
- “Generous retirement and benefits package. Knowledgeable and well-educated employees that are willing to share/teach/learn. Friendly and comfortable work environment. Tuition reimbursement for those looking for additional education.”
- “PPM treats employees as the most valued resource in the organization. The compensation, benefits, facilities and equipment are high-end. The firm promotes from within and encourages personal development through continuing education. The workload and staffing levels are balanced so that there is always something to do, but you don’t feel overwhelmed and it is not a burden to the organization if you take PTO.”
- “The benefit package is great. They also do a lot for charity. Employees have an opportunity to volunteer for several events helping communities and those less fortunate. I see those that do volunteer take a lot of joy and satisfaction in helping out.”
Compiled by Meaghan Kilroy