Parnassus Investments located in San Francisco.
AUM: $27.9 billion
Years won: 2017, 2018, 2019
- Hosts informal gatherings, including birthday celebrations, baby showers, team lunches and annual holiday events, such as attending Cirque du Soleil or Broadway theater.
- Double matches employees’ charitable donations up to $10,000; and each employee is given four paid days of “volunteer time off” each year.
- Pays 100% of health-care premiums for the staff, contributes 3% of compensation to each employee’s retirement plan and makes an additional retirement contribution each year based on the firm’s profitability.
- “Good people; nice, collaborative, smart, open. I have a lot of autonomy here to do the job as I see it best. PTO, pay, benefits are all outstanding.”
- “Parnassus has implemented a sabbatical program after 10 years of service and changed our time off as personal time off. No more using sick days as vacations.”
- “Everyone at this organization is very friendly and welcoming. I like the idea of providing fresh fruits and snack selection, as well as the strong benefits as they relate to health care, dental, vision, and retirement plans.”
Compiled by Rick Baert