Neuberger Berman Group has its headquarters in New York City.
AUM as of June 30: $357 billion
Years won: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
In their own words:
“As an employee-owned firm, Neuberger Berman focuses on ensuring their people have a voice. That voice was never more critical than in 2020. With COVID forcing the firm to work from home, employees played a significant role in shaping the course. It started with sharing best practices to be more effective at work and to balance the new challenges faced at home. That voice became even more heightened as racial injustice conversations increased. We had already laid the groundwork so we had a platform on which to build.”
3 cool things:
- Profit-sharing program that does not require employee contributions; eligibility starts at date of hire; no vesting schedule and is 15% of total pay up until the regulatory max of $37,000.
- During COVID-19, held its first virtual 5K with 100-plus employees/family members running and submitting times and family photos (dogs included!).
- A new civic engagement initiative led by employees seeks to increase awareness and education on important topics. As part of that effort, it offered webinars with local officials on public transportation and schools.
- “Accessibility of leadership, real frank conversations, and sense of being part of an actual team. When something is not going well, or we have a challenge, the communication is clear and honest.”
- “Enables and supports individual creativity and thinking. Very collegial environment. Upward mobility allows rapid advancement.”
- “Generous 401(k) policy signals to employees that the company wants people to stick around for the long term.”