Modera Wealth Management located in Westwood, New Jersey.
AUM: $2.4 billion
Years won: 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Through its philanthropy committee, selects a theme for each of its five offices to sponsor philanthropic endeavors. In 2018, the firm dedicated its charitable efforts toward Alzheimer’s awareness.
- Hosts team-building activities (barbecues, lawn games, Spartan races, escape rooms) and holiday staff festivities (gift exchange, bake-offs). Summer Fridays off and unexpected early closures.
- Sets up “Buddy” systems to enhance staff interactions among its five offices, and holds firmwide team-building retreats.
- “Philosophy is to treat the staff well and the team will take care of the clients. People are empowered to do what’s right. I’ve never seen it done quite this way.”
- Management “is open — really open — to opinions, suggestions and even criticism if delivered professionally. Always open to discuss matters. They really do pay attention.”
- “Even though success as a firm is very important, managers understand that family is of the utmost importance. If you need time to take care of yourself or your family, they will work with you.”
Compiled by Rick Baert